Thursday, February 10, 2011

Soul mate, where are you?

The search to find your soul mate, isn’t easy, especially if it is your social bookmarking soul mate. How am I supposed to find another human being that not only wants to talk about the same things that I do, but actually writes about them AND bookmarks his websites. This is a tough feat to accomplish. I have spent the day searching and while I have come up with a few contenders, I haven’t felt love at first site just quite yet. However, as it usually occurs in life, there is that one person who I think is the one because he is almost everything that I think that I want in a soul mate (that is until my actual soul mate comes along), but for now he will do.
Meet Rocky Blizzard, yes I know, it was the name that drew me in too. Rocky Blizzard is interested in all types of movies, big releases, independent films, documentaries; and not just the films themselves either. Like me, he is interested what makes these films so compelling, or in some cases, so horrible. He even has some interests in theatre, not as much as I do, but you have to compromise a little right?

One major downfall of Rocky Blizzard however, is that I’m not really sure if he exists anymore. He bookmarked so frequently in 2008, tagging sites left after right and categorizing them in a flash. He would book mark stuff every couple of days and definitely have at least 10 posts a week. However, on that fateful day, November 9, 2008, Rocky marked his last site. What happened to him will never be known. Maybe he just went on vacation to the Bahamas and never returned because he got sucked into the Bermuda triangle.
Before his fateful departure from social networking world, Rocky had a pretty good system of organization to set up his bookmarks. He had almost 600 tags, 599 to be exact, that he used to categorize many different web pages. The more tags that applied to the page, the more he would apply. I can just tell he was a man of great detail.
Because all of his posts are from 2008 and before (I’m beginning to think we should break up), I unfortunately cannot use many of his bookmarked pages. I am more into contemporary entertainment, as in stuff that is currently happening. If you guys want a little bit of back story on Avatar or other film franchises that began a few years back such as “Transformers” or “Pirates of the Caribbean,” then definitely check out Blizzard’s bookmarks because you will find some very interesting stuff.
My two favorite bookmarks he has are a link to James Cameron talking about the Terminator franchise and one about a star from Slumdog millionaire.

Until next time, I will keep searching in the quest for my true Social bookmarking soul mate; it doesn’t seem that Rocky Blizzard and I are going to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment